The Ecology Of Building Materials.pdf
Read online or download a free book: The Ecology Of Building Materials
Publisher: Routledge; 2 edition (19 Feb. 2009)
By: Bjorn Berge(Author)
Book format: pdf doc docx mobi djvu epub ibooks (*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.)
The Ecology of Building Materials explores key questions surrounding sustainability of building materials. It provides technical data to enable design and building professionals to choose the most appropriate materials for a project: those that are least polluting, most energy efficient, and from sustainable sources. The book also gives information and guidance on a wide range of issues such as recycling, detailing for increased durability and Life Cycle Analysis.
Berge’s book, translated from the Norwegian by Chris Butters and Filip Henley, offers safe and environmentally friendly material options. It provides an essential and easy-to-use reference guide to this complex subject for the building industry professional.
New to this edition:
• Thorough exploration of building materials in relation to climate change issues
• Extensive updating of basic data, as well as the introduction of a wide range of new materials
• Methods for recycling and reuse of materials
• More information on the interaction between materials and the indoor environment, ventilation and energy use
• Full colour text and user-friendly larger format
Bjørn Berge is a practicing architect, researcher and lecturer. Since the 1970s, he has written several books on building ecology for the Scandinavian public. He is one of the founders of Gaia Architects who have developed a wide range of pioneering techniques in sustainable building.
First edition Silver Award Winner at the Chartered Institute of Buildings Literary Awards, 2001.
|The message text:|